Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, June 9, 2009


There's so much to talk about from the few days I've been away. I find that it's difficult for me to post on weekends. So I hope everyone had a great weekend. Yes, this is Tuesday, but if you've had a good weekend it should spill over into Monday, don't you think?:)

I am going to have the Guest Author, Cynthia Polansky here on Thursday. We had a little mix up last week, but that's all straight now and she has graciously answered my questions and will be here to answer yours too. Learn more about Cynthia and her writing here. She is the author of two novels and several non-fiction books about dogs. She has also written a column and is currently in the process of a new fiction book. Please come back on Thursday to meet Cynthia Polansky. In the meantime, I will post part of my review of her book, Far Above Rubies. You can find the whole review on amazon.com under Reader Reviews.

Far Above Rubies: A Novel is a thin book, but starting in pre-war Holland it tells a powerful story. Imagine you married late in your life to a widower who has six daughters. The heroine in this novel,lovingly called "Tante Soof", overcomes the natural antagonism that her new stepdaughters have for her and she and the daughters form a bond that is almost stronger than with a natural mother. When the joy of an engagement lights up the family they never dream that the next moment everything will change forever for this loving Dutch family. Read more...

Cynthia is giving away a free copy of her novel, Remote Control to the lucky winner of the drawing we will hold after her visit. You need to post a question or a comment to be in the drawing. So for all of you who visit and don't comment, please try to write something so you will be in the drawing.:) You will have until Monday to make your comment or ask a question.

Tomorrow I will be telling your more about Betty Butler, who has sent me more of her writing that I will post here. I also have more pictures of her. Until the next time, welcome to my new readers and for all the people who have friended me on Blog Catalogue. I am enjoying m
eeting all of you. To the people who have been readers for awhile, thank you for continuing to read and enjoy my crazy thoughts and meanderings.

One more thing before I go. I am going to be on BlogTalkRadio on June 24th to read and discuss my story, "The Trouble with Follow the Leader." If any of you are interested you can go read it on Story Station Archives. It is based on a true story that I will discuss here after the interview. If you click on the link you can sign up to hear the broadcast. It is being held by Red River Writers for Robin Falls Kids. I hope many of you will be able to hear it. But if you can't I will try to find a way for you to hear it too.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit the Home of the Fightin’ Bookworms!
Visit the National Gallery of Writing
Shop Indie Bookstores

VisualDNAShops

BlogCatalog

Discover Writing