Bookmark and Share

Saturday, April 5, 2014

April Poem A Day - Days 4 and 5



Once again I am posting my poems here and hope you are enjoying reading them.:)



April 4, 2014
Prompt: Write a poem beginning with Since.....

Since I Began Writing
Since I began writing
each day moves faster
and the moments find their voice
waiting for quiet to emerge
In words created by the feelings
I keep inside in a locked box
fearful if they spill over and
seep into my day
they will drown us all and we
will be left floating in this
uncertain sea of worry
trying to bring ourselves
back to old normals.
copyright 2014 by Barbara Ehrentreu


April 5, 2014
Prompt: Write a poem about a Discovery
A Walk Along the Shore
A few years ago
I sauntered along the
spring bursting shore
and there among the
burgeoning rushes
came upon a white blob
Venturing closer I saw
the white feathers covering
smaller forms and realized
I had found the swan’s nest
She was elegantly preening
her swanlings for their first swim
Lining them up and making sure
all were in formation before she
tentatively touched the water’s edge
checking for the right experience
for her young ones
Then she paraded in with the young
swans following and they plopped into
the water their baby feet paddling with
instinctual movements as they
followed after the proud mother
she every so often looking back
to check for any stragglers and
moving her position to bring them back
in the line as they wound their way in
circles around the harbor.
copyright 2014 by Barbara Ehrentreu

Until the next time, keep writing and posting your poems. I'm loving this April for writing.:) More about my husband, he is still in the hospital and will write more later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit the Home of the Fightin’ Bookworms!
Visit the National Gallery of Writing
Shop Indie Bookstores

VisualDNAShops

BlogCatalog

Discover Writing